Hobart & Surrounds
Choose some or all of the following (or suggest your own interests):
- Understand why Charles Darwin was tempted to migrate to Hobart with its riverside historic beauty nestled below our majestic mountain
- Learn about strategic semaphore signs sending messages in 15 minutes from Hobart to Port Arthur - 100 kms (60 miles) away in the 1820’s
- Explore the remarkable number of well preserved colonial (Georgian) sandstone buildings in Hobart
- Sense being at the end of the world, the gateway to Antarctica, yet with leading- edge agricultural production - past and present
- Wander through laneways and warehouses to sense Hobart’s extensive maritime history .. you could hear the whales singing at one stage. Visits to private houses.
- Access restricted sections of museums & galleries displaying heritage decorative arts and memorabillia, and/or explore great local art and crafts, including private visits to studios
- Taste Tasmania’s renowned food and wine/spirits/bubbly things - with leading producers including international judges in their fields, including some of the best oysters - ever
- Roam amongst Tasmania’s early heritage gardens, near some of Hobart’s earliest buildings
- Observe the making of stringed instruments involving centuries of tradition, skill & prized materials
$850 per person for 2 people - $525 per person for 4 people
For full-day, entry fees/expert speakers/ picnic lunch/wine. Less for half days, or larger group.